Traffic officer collaborates with "Agboro", to extort money from people

I have been hearing stories how officers of the law who ought to protect the citizens, extort money from them and could not comprehend how possible until on 4th October, 2023, when a traffic officer collaborated with agboro to extort money from people who they feel are vulnerable.

I was driving a motorcycle with my friend who was sitting at the back of the motorcycle and we were driving towards Peace Mass Transit (a.k.a peace park), Nsukka; the incident happened at the traffic light closer to St Theresa's Cathedral Nsukka and the micro finance bank that belongs to Catholic Church.

The traffic light was green when we crossed, suddenly, the traffic Man jumped in front of the motorcycle which was in motion, nearly we would have fallen but I struggled to march the break; I was surprised. Next thing I heard was, "Look at your back" and the traffic officer named Mr Candidus, stretched out his hands and took the motorcycle keys. I asked him what was the matter and he replied, "I don't have explanation to give to you". 

I asked him, "is it not green that we supposed to cross, why stopping us"? He took the motorcycle key, gave it to the agboro man identified as, Mr Kingsley Chinoso Obiora. It was when I pressed hard on him that he turned the whole issue that we violated the traffic rules by crossing when it was red. I asked him how? He said, are you not seeing that nobody was at your back while crossing and that was how he knew. Mr Kingsley with the officer started demanding money from us, threatening us that if we do not pay them, they will do away with our motorcycle. 

At the long run, Mr Kingsley and officer Candidus, collaborated and extorted the sum of #2,000 from us. Below are the filmed video of the offer harassing us and the evidence of  payment to Mr Kingsley. 







Comments